Statement of Faith
The following lists of beliefs are foundational to a conservative, orthodox Christian faith. As such they are the foundation to the Trophy Lakes Academy. They will be taught without apology as essential Christian faith. The substance of these statements is considered to be the primary doctrine of Trophy Lakes Academy. Secondary or divisive doctrines and issues will not be presented as primary doctrine. When these types of doctrines and issues arise, they will be referred back to the family and local churches for final authority.
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God and as such, it is the final authority in faith, life, and standards of education. (1 Corinthians 14:37; 1 Thessalonians 2:13, 4:1–2; 2 Timothy 3:16–17).
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 45:5–7; Matthew 28:19)
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23–25; Mark 3:5; Luke 2:40–51)
4. We believe that, for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary. (1 Corinthians 12:13; Romans 8:9–11; 2 Corinthians 3:6)
5. We believe that salvation is by grace through faith alone. (Ephesians 2:8–9)
6. We believe that faith without works is dead. (James 2:14–26)
7. We believe that the Christian is enabled to live a godly life by the Holy Spirit who dwells within him. (John 15:26–27; Galatians 5:22–26; 1 Corinthians 12:13)
8. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved to the resurrection of life, and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation. (Philippians 3:20–21; 1 Thessalonians 4:13–17, John 5:28–29)
9. We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 2:11–36)
10. We believe that the chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.(Psalm 19:1; Isaiah 43:7)